There are several health benefits of mud bath. It tones up the skin by increasing circulation and soothes the nerves. It enhances the beauty and color complexion of the skin. It is beneficial in many skin problems like psoriasis and leucoderma. It is also useful in relieving rheumatic pain and pain in the joints. The probable duration of treatment runs from half an hour to one hour. It is also used as beauty treatment. It absorbs the toxins from the body. It reduces the swelling of any part of the body. The origin of moor mud A long, long time ago ...40,000 years ago the river valleys of eastern Canada were blessed with a mild, wet climate that nourished luxurious vegetation. Over the eons that vegetation died and produced a rich humus that fed an even more abundant plant life. Then came the Ice Age. For thousands of years a sheet of ice up to a mile thick covered the land and compacted the layers of rich humus beneath it. When the ice retreated it left behind a thick layer of sand and stone ensuring that the rich mud underneath would remain undisturbed and uncontaminated forever. Now, a progressive company called Golden Moor Inc., after studying over sixty sites throughout Canada, has discovered a rich deposit of moor mud in the Ottawa Valley. Canadian mud is renowned the world over for its quality and high humic acid content.
A few facts about arthritis:
- There are over 100 types of arthritis that affect areas in or around joints.
- All types of arthritis cause pain. Sometimes the pain can be disabling. In the U.S. arthritis is the second leading cause of disability, after heart disease.
- More women than men are afflicted with the pain of arthritis.
- The disease can affect many parts of the body. Arthritis causes pain, loss of movement and sometimes swelling.
Some types of arthritis are:
- Osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease in which the cartilage that covers the ends of bones in the joint deteriorates, causing pain and loss of movement as bone begins to rub against bone. It is the most prevalent form of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease in which the joint lining becomes inflamed as part of the body’s immune system activity. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most serious and disabling types, affecting mostly women.
- Gout, which affects mostly men. It is usually the result of a defect in body chemistry. This painful condition most often attacks small joints, especially the big toe.
The Golden Moor mud bath has been shown to provide immediate and long-lasting relief for most types of arthritis pain.